Friday, March 16, 2012

I don't do "sick"

Well, this week has been the longest, yet the fastest week of my life. I have not been ill enough for antibiotics since 2009 and Sunday all hell broke loose in my body. I went to bed with chest congestion and woke up with a fever and completely incapacitated. WTH?? I am a busy woman with 3 kids, yard work, house work, and running to do. THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING. Well it did and after 2 trips to the doctor, a shot in the ass and 2 different antibiotics I am officially on the mend. At least today I can function around the house, still eating soup, and "resting" although I still can't break through this low grade temperature which  has refused to break.

Any one who knows me and the Crazy Lady knows I must be on my death bed before I rest. Needless to say this sucked. I have missed 7 days of running. YES, 7 days. Rob filled in on kid duty and I am trying my best to suck it up and take care of myself. The weekly list of spring chores will have to wait until next week. The laundry is done, the house relatively clean and the guilt lightens from yard work because of a week of rain.

Why is it the mom's feel such guilt when they are down? Why can't we just accept help and rest. Relax? I rarely do that.... I am sure after a weekend of "rest" I will be up and running as usual.

For all those who judge us SAHM's as being lazy... well I won't defend it but you SAHM's totally know how the house, schedule, meals, laundry can fall into shambles when Mom is down. Here's to a healthier weekend and a Happy St. Patty's day all.

Shawna

No comments: